We continue to monitor the situation relating to COVID-19 and seek advice from the Department of Health & Human Services (DHHS) and other key agencies regarding the running of the Surf Coast Trek.
Australia’s response to the COVID-19 is a dynamic situation which is changing daily.
At this stage the event is still going ahead. We will provide trekkers with regular updates every 48 hours with our primary goal the health and safety of all participants, volunteers, suppliers and workers of the event.
We encourage Trek participants to get up to date information from the DHHS and consider how this information relates to, or affects you. More info here: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/victorian-public-coronavirus-disease-covid-19.
There are a few practical things we can all do to minimise potential health risks:
- Please wash your hands thoroughly and often, especially before eating and after using the toilet.
- The Trek this year will be handshake free – simply give a wave!
- We will supply disinfectant at rest stops, we strongly encourage to bring your own to ensure you have access.
- Use tissues to cover your mouth in a cough or sneeze and dispose of thoughtfully
Please DO NOT take part in the Trek if:
- You are showing flu-like symptoms
- You have come into contact with someone with COVID-19 or the flu
- You have recently travelled to one of the countries posing a higher risk of transmission and/or are requiring self-isolation for two weeks